If you are a minority in search of a nursing scholarship, there are many different educational financing opportunities that should be available to you. A minority nursing scholarship can help you pay for school and other related expenses so you can get the necessary education to enter this important profession that is in great demand. It can't hurt to learn all about minority nurse scholarship program opportunities that are available, including the following popular programs.
- The Minority Nurse Magazine Scholarship Program: This nursing scholarship is available to members of minority groups who are pursuing a bachelor's degree in nursing. The awards range from $500 to $1,000 for one academic year, and there are four of them given out each year.
- The National Association of Hispanic Nurses Scholarship: The association provides this $1,000 minority nurse scholarship each to a varying number of students who are members of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses.
- The Kaiser Permanente College to Caring Program: Hispanic nursing students who are rising juniors or seniors may qualify for this award of up to $8,000 if they are U.S. citizens or permanent residents residing in Northern California, studying full-time with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and who demonstrate financial need.
- The AETNA/NCEMNA Scholars Program: The National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurse Associations offers this nursing scholarship to students who are member of constituent organizations of NCEMNA working on a four-year or master's degree.
- The Health Professions Preparatory Scholarship Program: American Indians or Alaska Natives who need compensatory or pre-professional education to qualify for enrollment in a health professions school may qualify for $1,160/month for 10 months.
- Indian Nurse Scholarship Awards: Various awards ranging from $500 to $1,500 are given to American Indians pursuing careers in nursing.
- NBNA Board of Directors Scholarship: This minority nurse scholarship is available to members of the National Black Nurses Association. Awards range from $500 to $2,000 for one year of study.
- Ethnic Minority Bachelor's Scholarship in Oncology Nursing: Three $2,000 scholarships are awarded to ethnic minorities interested in careers in oncology nursing each year.
The right minority nurse scholarship is out there; you just have to do a little research to find one that can benefit you.